Bhutan Spiritual Tour
Trip Name: Bhutan Spiritual Tour
Trip Duration: 12 Days
Max. Altitude: 3,120m/10,240 ft (The Tiger Nest Monastery)
Best Season: March to May and September to November
Meal: Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Accommodation: Government approved 3 stars and Above
Transportation: Private car, van or bus (Depends on group size)
Trip Type: Private Tour
Bhutan Spiritual Pilgrimage Tour is a complete package that visits the important and religious landmarks in Bhutan. The history of Bhutan began when in the 7th century AD the Tibetan king Songtsen Gompo build the first two Buddhist temples, one in Paro ‘Kyichu Lhakhang’ and another in Bumthang ‘Jampa Lhakhang’. In the 8th century, a tantric from Swat (now in Pakistan) ‘Padmasambhava’ arrived in Bhutan, now generally known as Guru Rinpoche – the precious master, in Bhutan and Tibet. As in Tibet he introduced Tantric Buddhism in Bhutan and he is considered by the Nyingma-pa religious school (pa means school or sect) to be their founder and the second Buddha. All the places he visited and in which he meditated are places of Pilgrimage locations. The tour circulates all these religious and historical temples, monasteries & shrines, and gives full insight of the cultural and spiritual Dragon Kingdom.
- Witness spectacular bird’s eye view of the Himalayas while flying in/out from Paro.
- Explore Bhutan’s important spiritual & pilgrimage sites.
- Hike to Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’- one of the most famous monasteries in Bhutan.
- Punakha Dzong – the most beautiful monastery in Bhutan.
- Membar Tsho “The flaming lake” in Tang Valley
- Bumthang- the religious heartland home to oldest monasteries & temples
- Visit Kurje Lhakhang, Jambey Lhakhang & Tamshing Lhakhang in Bumthang
- Jakar Dzong – “the castle of the white bird” & Ura Lhakhang
- Day 01: Arrival Paro (2250m) – Thimphu (2350m)
- Day 02: Thimphu – Punakha (1310m)
- Day 03: Punakha – Gangtey (2320m)
- Day 04: Gangtey – Bumthang (2800m)
- Day 05: In Bumthang – Sightseeing
- Day 06: Bumthang – Day Excursion to Tang Valley (2800m)
- Day 07: Bumthang – Day Excursion to Ura Valley (2850m)
- Day 08: Bumthang – Gangtey (2320m)
- Day 09: Gangtey – Paro (2250m)
- Day 10: Paro – Day excursion to Haa Valley (2740m) – Paro
- Day 11: Paro – Hike to Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’ (3120m)
- Day 12: Paro depart