Trip Name: Druk Path Trekking
Trip Duration: 10 Days
Max. Altitude: 4,040m/13,2547ft (Simkotra)
Best Season: March to May and September to November
Meal: Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Accommodation: Government approved 3 stars and Above
Transportation: Private car, van or bus (Depends on group size)
Trip Type: Private Tour
Druk Path Trekking is one of the most popular treks in Bhutan with the trekking route starting from Paro and ending at Thimphu. This trek offers excellent views of the snow capped peaks, passing through lush green valleys, pristine forest with rare glimpse of wildlife, temples, monasteries, fortresses and witnessing the daily lives of the Bhutanese people. The trekking trail goes thru less frequented areas in Bhutan and camping throughout the trek. Initially the tour begins with flight into the Paro and sightseeing around the city plus visiting Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’ perched in a hill the second day. The short trek then starts on the third day that leads from Paro to Thimphu crossing the chain of mountains that separates the two valleys. The trekking trial has fewer settlements but rewarded with wonderful lakes teeming with fish and the area is popular for it’s beautiful rhododendron forests which bloom in May. Panoramic views of the snow-capped mountains can be spotted in a clear weather during late autumn and winter. Closer to the trek’s end, the trail finally reaches the lush valley of Thimphu. Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan, is tiny city and also famous for the city with no traffic lights. After a brief city tour of Thimphu, drive back to Paro for the flight back home after good memories of the Druk Path Trek.
- Witness spectacular view of the Himalayas on the flight to/from Paro.
- View remarkable mountain landscapes.
- Visit the Taktsang, the ‘Tiger’s Nest’, the most popular of Bhutan’s monasteries.
- Embark on moderate trek from Paro to Thimphu.
- Experience the tiny capital of Thimphu. 15th century Paro Dzong.
- Day 01: Arrival Paro (2,250m)
- Day 02: Paro – Trek to Jele Dzong (3,450m)
- Day 03: Trek to Jangchulakha (3,780m)
- Day 04: Trek to Jimilangtsho (3,880m)
- Day 05: Trek to Simkotra (4,040m)
- Day 06: Trek to Phajoding (3,750m)
- Day 07: Phajoding – Thimphu
- Day 08: Thimphu Sightseeing – Paro
- Day 09: Paro – Hike to Taktsang ‘Tiger’s Nest’ (3,120m)
- Day 10: Paro depart